How do I gain muscle fast at home? This is a common question on the lips of most fitness enthusiasts, especially during this quarantine period. But luckily, there are some simple exercises to gain muscles fast at home without the need for any gym membership or instructor. Yea! And the beauty is that you don’t need to own any set of dumbbells, a treadmill, or an elliptical machine.
You can shed unwanted weights and pump your muscles using just your body weight as the only equipment you need. Focus your mind on setting a goal and follow these simple but effective exercises, and in no time, you will begin to see an amazing result.
Without much ado, check out the following simple exercises to gain muscles fast at home:
Squatting is one common indoor exercise among females for known reasons. However, men could take squats too. Generally, squatting;
- Trains the muscles
- Gives muscular strength and
- Gives stamina to physically frail adults.
If anyone needs exercises to build muscle fast, we will gladly recommend squatting. Although it is a strenuous exercise, it is easy to progress to the more difficult levels. With time, you will be perfecting your form for the best performances and results.
How to do it:
- Stand and keep your feet shoulder-width apart. And stretch out your hands in front of you
- Push your butts and hips back, bending at your knees. Keep your head upright, back flat, and chest up while you look straight ahead.
- Squat down as low as you can, and drive back to starting position pushing through your heels.
- Keep your weight on your heels throughout this exercise.
If you are seeking exercises to help you gain muscle fast at home, try push-ups. It is a simple but effective exercise whose effect can be felt on your chest, shoulders, core, and triceps. Thus, it is a complete muscle-building exercise.
Trainers usually recommend the exercise because they know that it is a major deal. You, therefore, have no reason to neglect push-ups in your search for the best exercises to build muscles at home too.
How to do it:
- Put both hands on the floor and keep them shoulder-width apart
- Lower your body until your chest gets close to the floor
- Tense your abs and squeeze your glutes as you lower and raise your body
- Let your elbows remain on your sides to protect your shoulders
You can work on your thigh muscles from the comfort of your home using walking lunges. This is one of the exercises to gain muscles fast at home, and apart from your thigh muscles, the walking lunges also target your core, glutes, and hips
How to do it:
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart. You can keep your hands on your hips or by the side of your body
- Take a step forward with one leg and bend your knee to 90 degrees. Keep your shoulders over hips and your knees over ankles in a lunge position
- Take another step with the other leg, repeating the same movement until fatigued
- Alternate your legs as you repeat this forward movement as you linge
- Do three sets of 10 with each leg
You can also try cardio walk like walking up and down the stairs in your house to balance leg work with cardio to build muscle fast.
Dips are complex but effective exercise that helps to lift your entire bodyweight. It is upper body strength training for your triceps, chest, and shoulder. It is undoubtedly one of the great home exercises to gain muscles fast.
The normal way to do dips is to use your full extensions. There are chances that you will face difficulties while you’re doing this. Do not hesitate to seek help in holding your legs.
How to do it:
- Sit at the edge of a chair, placing your hands over the edge and your knuckles pointing forward.
- Keep your legs bent at 90-degree position, shoulders down, elbows by your side and feet pointing ahead.
- Lower your butt to the ground, pause, and return to the starting position. Keep the pressure on the heels of your hands.
- Do two sets of 10 or continue until triceps fatigue.
You must have been waiting for this mention given its popularity among indoor exercises. Now you have it. This is one of the best exercises to gain muscles fast at home, and especially around your waist.
Basically, it is an exercise that is perhaps more effective in strengthening your abdominal muscle and the entire core muscle group. You are advised to begin with little counts and increase the numbers every day. It is one of the modest exercises to gain muscle fast at home without using weight equipment.
How to do it:
- Lie on a mat and bend your knees to keep your feet flat on the ground
- Put your hands together at the back of your head and cross your arms in front of your chest.
- Tighten your abdominal muscles and lift your shoulders towards the ceiling. Pause at the peak of the movement, and don’t lift your entire body off the floor to avoid back strain.
- Inhale and go back down slowly until your shoulders are flat on the floor
- Do two to three sets of 10 for a start.
A lot of you must have been seeking the best exercises to either train and build your muscles or maintain your shape at home. Your questions have simply been answered. It is now clear that you can still stay fit and gain muscle fast without visiting the gym this period. Moreover, some of these indoor exercises are better than lifting heavy weights and using equipment for workouts.