Stressed about your stubborn belly fat? Here are some exciting strategies to reduce your tummy through diet, exercise and meditation.
- Stay away from alcohol
- Eat a diet rich in soluble fibers and proteins
- Avoid trans fats
- Cut down carbohydrate intake
- Restrict sugar consumption
- Consider a glass of water instead of sweetened drinks
- Substitute other cooking oils with coconut oil
- Replace sweetened snacks with whole grain crackers or biscuits
- Stop drinking beverages loaded with calories
- Eating fatty fish especially those that contain omega 3 fatty acids such as salmon, mackerel and sardines are extremely healthy and reduces fat buildup
- A cup of green tea can do wonders
- Increase the intake of fat burning foods such as red bell pepper, broccoli, garlic, nuts etc
Roll out a yoga mat on the floor. Lie down flat with your legs bent, feet touching the ground. Cross your arms behind the head with your hands placed right behind your ears. Now lift your upper body slowly, hold on for a few seconds then lower your head and lie down. Repeat the above steps.
Stand up with your back straight. Place a leg forward and lower your waist till your legs attain a 90-degree angle. Make sure your legs doesn’t touch the ground. Next, lift your body by focusing on your heels pressing against the ground. Repeat !!
Full plank- Begin by standing on all four. Make sure your back is straight. Place your palms and toes pressing the floor. Inhale and exhale frequently. Stay in this position for 20 seconds. Lie down to relax. Slowly repeat the above procedure.
Half plank- To make plank position more challenging fold your elbow and put your weight on the forearm, continue the exercise the same way as discussed above. Stay for 10 seconds, lie down and repeat.
The Stomach vacuum
Stand straight, place the hands on your hips, exhale as much as possible then inhale till your chest widens to maximum size. Pull in your stomach to the greatest extent. Hold on for a few seconds then release. This contracts and strengthens the abdominal muscles.
Brisk walking is found effective in lowering excess body fat without any muscle break-down.
30 minutes of jogging 3 times a week helps in shrinking the waistline. Drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration.
Involving cycling to lose weight is a great idea. Take small brakes for refreshments or else you end up overeating your next meal. Start off slow and make it faster and harder towards the end.
Chronic stress can induce the release of cortisol, a hormone that leads to fat buildup around the waistline. Make your mind stress free through mediation or yoga. Good night sleep is highly essential to maintain healthy body weight. Practise yoga postures as it keeps your mind and body under control, increases metabolism and speeds up weight loss.
Track your performance regularly. A combination of all the above can produce great results in the long run. So Keep Going !!